At WCU, we know that the average day can be spent running around trying to juggle several things at once. That’s why we are taking one problem off your list–your banking and financial needs. Everyday we strive to make banking with us as easy and automated as possible. With our services you can rest assured that we’ve got your back. Here are a few ways we can help make your life easier:
Did you know that WCU offers bill pay to any of its members? That’s right, with our one-click bill pay you will be able to :
- View all payees, upcoming bills, payment history and account balances
- Quickly add a new payee
- Make a payment to any person or company in one click
- Set up recurring payments for bills that are the same amount each month
- See bill amounts and payment due dates with eBill
- Transfer funds
- Set up Bill Pay Alerts
It’s that easy–just one click and you are on your way!
In today’s fast paced society you need to be able to conduct your business on the go, and that’s exactly what our mobile app does for you! When you download our app, you will have access to all of your account information in a few clicks. You can view your account balances, view account transactions and transfer funds between accounts and loans. You can also be sure that all of your information is safe and secure. All you need to get started is an active WCU account and the app downloaded from the App Store or Google Play.
Need a little extra help when it comes to saving up money for Christmas or that awesome vacation you are planning? With our Christmas Club and Vacation Club funds, you can be on your way! Set up a savings fund for Christmas or vacations and have a designated amount automatically taken from your checking account each month and put into a savings account. You don’t even have to think about it. Then, when it comes time to spend the money, you have an account full of dollars that you have saved over the entire year! It’s simple to get started, just call any WCU office and watch the savings pile up!
If you travel much, you might want to take advantage of our participation in Co-op Shared Branching. Shared Branching is done through a network of like-minded credit unions all over the country. If you are out of the WCU area and you need to conduct credit union business, you can just stop by a participating credit union near where you are and they can pull up your account so that you can deposit, withdraw or transfer funds. All you need is your identification and your account numbers! With Shared Branching, wherever you go, WCU has your back.
So that’s how WCU is going to make your life a little easier in 2019! If you have any questions or want more information on any of these programs, please call our main office at 256-355-5010, and we will be able to help you get started.
Being part of WCU Credit Union definitely has its perks, and being a part of the Shared Branching Network is just one of them. Now, no matter where you are in the U.S.A., you can take care of your credit union business just like you would at home.
What is Shared Branching?
The Shared Branching Network allows WCU members to do business at another credit union location. The network has more than 5,600 participating credit union locations all over the United States. Through Shared Branching, participating credit unions can serve members from all over the country if needs arise while they are traveling. Even if you decide to move to another state, you can still bank with WCU through the network.
What Can I Do at a Participating Location?
Most all of your banking needs can be taken care of at a participating branch location. You can:
- Make deposits
- Withdraw funds
- Transfer funds between accounts
- Check balances
- Process loan payments
The only thing required of you to make these transactions is your account number and a valid ID. Since all credit unions don’t have the same user interfaces on their networks, the tellers at another location can’t search for your account with your social security number like they could at your home location. Therefore, it is important to have your account number with you when you go to a Shared Branch location.
We hope next time you are traveling or are out of the neighborhood and need account assistance that you will take advantage of our Shared Branching capabilities.
Credit unions have been around a long time, but what makes them different from regular banks? Well, as it turns out, there are quite a few differences. Credit unions are unique and they offer many benefits that banks simply can’t due to the nature of their business model. Here are the top 5 reasons to choose a credit union over a bank:
- Credit unions are owned by the members, not stockholders. If you are a member of a credit union like WCU, then you are part owner of the credit union! The whole reason for the credit union to be in existence is to assist the financial well-being of the members that own it. That’s it!
- Credit unions return their profits to their members in the form of lower rates and fees and new products and services. Since they are not-for-profit entities, everything they make goes back to you–the member-owner.
- Credit unions almost always have lower interest rates on credit cards and loans than traditional banks. Right now at WCU, you can get an auto loan for as low as 2.00% interest. Awesome rates like that can be done through credit unions because the profits are funneled down to the members instead of stockholders pockets.
- Overall, credit unions rate higher on the customer satisfaction scale than traditional banks. This is because the operators of credit unions are members of the community in which they serve. Since they are dedicated to serving the best to the financial needs of the community, they are more apt to treat each member with the quality of service they wish to receive themselves. You are being served by your neighbors, so the atmosphere seems more like a big family.
- Since your credit union is owned by the members and operated by fellow community members, credit unions are dedicated to serving their community. Credit unions are often involved in many local community events, because that is where their heart lies. Without the community, credit unions would cease to exist. That’s why they make serving the community through local events and charities a priority.
As you can see, credit unions aren’t in the business to make as much money as possible. They are in the business of serving the community and helping their members find success in managing their financial business. At WCU, we treat our members and community like a family, and we would love to have you join us!
You asked for it, and now you’ve got it — WCU now has a mobile app so you can take your financial business on the go! Now, it’s easier than ever to keep track of your money from any location. Let’s dive in and see what all the new app has to offer.
Home Banking On The Go
If you are signed up for WCU’s Home Banking then you will have access to your accounts when you download the new WCUCU app. Simply use your login that you would normally use on the Home Banking website, and you will be able to see all of your accounts.
If you don’t have a Home Banking log in, you must register for one before you will be able to use the new mobile app. You can register straight from the WCU website at www.wcucu.com, or you can call 256-355-5010, and they can get you set up right away.
With the new WCUCU Mobile App, you will be able to manage all your finances on the go. Want to see how much you have in your accounts? Just log on and you will be able to check the balances on all of your linked accounts. Need to make a transfer of money between accounts? No problem! The mobile app lets you transfer money between any linked accounts. The app will even let you go back and see your account history, so you will have a record of all transactions.
More App Info
The new WCUCU Mobile App is fast, secure and free (although data and messaging rates from your mobile provider may still apply)! All you have to do is go to the App Store or the Google Play Store and download it. It is available for both iPhone and Android. Just search “WCUCU” and it should prompt you to download the app.
WCU is very excited to be able to bring this new feature to our members. We hope you enjoy the ease of managing your finances on the go with our new mobile app!
As you know by now, there is a big difference between regular banks and credit unions. There are thousands of credit unions in our country, but you don’t hear about them as much as you may hear about banks in your area. Today, we are going to fix that. Here are four reasons why you should choose a credit union over a bank for your financial service needs.
- Credit unions are owned by you–the members. A credit union is a not-for-profit company, which means that there is no stockholder looking to make money off of the business. Every member is an owner of the credit union, and the whole reason for the credit union existing is to help each other with their financial needs.
- Credit unions are operated by people within the community it serves. That is the definition of a cooperative. WCU prides itself on being run by the community to help the community in which it operates. We participate in several community activities and give back via community projects. We are here for you!
- Credit unions usually have lower interest rates on loans and credit cards than traditional banks. This is the way the credit union passes their not-for-profit status onto its members. Check out WCU’s current rates by clicking here!
- Credit unions like WCU participate in Co-op Shared Branching. This means that when you are out of your community, you can do your financial business with a participating credit union that is in your immediate area. This comes in handy when you are traveling. In addition to shared branching, credit union members also have access to thousands of free ATM’s all over the country! There is no reason to pay another ATM fee ever again when you are a member of a credit union.
These four reasons are, of course, not the only perks of being a credit union member. There are simply too many to name. Being a member of a credit union is a very rewarding community-oriented experience. To find out more about WCU and what we have to offer, click here and go to “Our Services”! We would love to have you as a member.