ATM’s are a quick and convenient way to access your accounts and perform transactions like getting cash, making deposits and checking your account balances. Here are some important safety tips to keep in mind when taking advantage of on-the-go banking at an ATM.
Debit Card Security:
- 1. Always treat your card like cash and keep it in a secure place.
- 2. Memorize your PIN (Personal Identification Number) and never share it with anyone.
- 3. Do not disclose any personal banking information over a phone call or text message.
- 4. Always report a lost or stolen card immediately.
- 5. Keep a close eye on your statements and account activity.
- 1. Always play close attention to the ATM and your surroundings – always try to find an ATM in a well-lit and populated area.
- 2. If the ATM is not working properly or appears to have been tampered with, avoid using it and if possible, report issue(s) to the financial institution that operates the ATM.
- 3. Always protect your PIN and cover the pin pad before typing you PIN.
- 4. When using a drive-up ATM, keep your engine running, doors locked, and windows rolled up until you pull put to the machine.
- 5. Keep the time you spend at an ATM to a minimal.
To Report a Lost or Stolen Debit Card:
During business hours call: 256-355-5010
After business hours call: 1-800-253-0819 (Option 3)